Ho-hum

I think boredom is the culprit this time around. There are plenty of sparkly things to give a lift to my slumbering inspiration: flowers and budding trees, trip planning, approaching concerts, and stacks of new recipes. Yet my energy is more scattered than focused. At times listless. Maybe it is just today? Or this week? I can put my finger on some reasons (career=buzz kill), but for the most part the pulse of this ennui is undiagnosable. What I want to know is what do you do to pump it up in the go get ’em department?

Do you:
take a risk (however you define it) ♦ try something new ♦ plan a special outing ♦ bake ♦ run ♦ curl up and wait for the mood to pass

I fully embrace some enlightenment here at the Den!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Archives. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Ho-hum

1. jennifer says:

hmmmm, while my initial response was going to be blasting some Gypsy Kings or Mariachi and cooking up a storm in the kitchen… with a big glass of vino of course! Now that I think about being invigorated, I find myself gazing into that oh-so-serene (and comfortingly familiar) photo you have there, and I’d have to say it would be being THERE. Breathing in that pure, refreshing air, going for a dip in a lake where no one else is (maybe just some scary pike?), hiking through the alpine wildflowers, running through the woods, THAT is what brings me to life.

2. yani says:

Blast this on your ipod while you walk to work. (It’s a pretty good cure). Start a spontaneous dance routine with complete strangers. How could you even help it when you’re listening to this?

3. thedandizette says:

Great choice Yani – it does make me want to bop with glee! I can imagine my very own musical routine en route to jail, ahem the office. Thanks for sharing.

4. thedandizette says:

When is our next trip? Snafu probably misses us as much as we miss Snafu!

5. jennifer says:

hmmmm well you may have to choose between a winter excursion or snafu! so maybe the next time we do snafu we’ll have some little snafus! haha

I hope we can do a winter tip next spring!

6. Veronica says:

Catching up on my fave friend-blogs and saw this.

I like to plan my way out of boredom. This sounds boring (it would drive Jim nutso) but I find it invigorating.

I go to a coffeeshop with my notebook and some inspirational lit or magazines, write until I diagnose my malaise and then write down a few simple steps out of it. Some of my biggest turning points in life have occurred at these coffeeshop dates-with-myself. Most important to be alone, have a few hours, and have phone turned off! :)